Guys and gals the summer is here. For some that means sun, beach, barbecues, and hoedowns. For me it means the last summer of my 20’s. I’ll have you know that I’ve completed numbers 3, 4 and 5 of this list of goals to accomplish before turning 30, and I’m about to head out to New York to check number 1 off the list. That’s right, this summer is all about New York City baby!
Summer Bucket List: NYC edition
Inspired by Joy the Baker Podcast
1. A dozen on the half shell at an oyster bar. I’m thinking red lipstick and a little black dress will be in order.
2. Cocktails and art at the Met. I’ll be sipping a martini on the rooftop bar and trying my best to be an art snob.
3. Take me out to a Met’s game. Buy me some peanuts and beer. We’ll root, root, root for the home team.
4. Enjoy an opera or ballet performance.
5. Snap my fingers to some jazz.
6. Glide through art galleries at SoHo’s arts walk.
7. Explore New York’s farmer’s markets. Sustainable Sunday will not be put on hold!
8. Be “that person” at the cheese shop who has to sample everything.
9. Spend time with my girl Jessica. If I could go back in time and have a conversation with my younger self, I’d say something like, “Stop being so boy crazy and hang out with your friends more, you’ll need them.” Alas, this is not possible, but what’s great about being able to reflect on those younger years is that I have the chance, right now, to do and be better. This summer is all about quality girlfriend time.
What’s on your summer bucket list?